Wednesday, December 27, 2006

We had a wonderful Christmas. The weather in Ohio was beautiful for the most part. On our trip down we took what looked like a short cut and ended up only taking us 8 hours to get to Ohio. We were both very excited. On the way home we tried a different route and it ended up taking almost 12. So, we've decided which route we'll always take home :-)

While in Ohio we stayed with Jay's parents. They always welcome us and our furkids into their home, which is very nice. Our furkids all in one house can be quite overwhelming to people who do not have dogs. The kids love to visit also. They get stuffed full of treats and Carol always has found a receipt online and cooked them up some yummy stuff. This season I tried one of her doggie treats and it was the most horrible thing I have ever tasted. I almost gagged.

Anyway, We visited Camden Baptist Church for Christmas Eve. It's been a while since we've been to church since our move so it was very refreshing. Now that Jason is home permanently we plan on starting our church hunt. I'm really looking forward to it also. Afterwards it was off to Mom and Jacks for Jacks famous Pizza. Then it was off to Tina and Terrys for some cards and visiting. I'm not a cards player, unless it's Nerts, so I spent my time playing with Tyler, the coolest kid on earth :-) I beat him in Pool and was quite excited since I'm horrible at pool. Then again, when I think about it, he's 6. He's really good for a 6 year old too. Then we played Go Fish and Uno Go Fish. We had a great time. We got back to Jason's parents house around 1:00am. I had to wake Jason up so he could let us in. Stac spent the night with us too so that was fun.

Christmas day we spent the morning with Jay's family. We received tons of fun gifts. The one we both enjoyed the most was the baklava that we both received. What a wonderful gift since it's very cold here in PA and we both enjoying being out in it. No more freezing ears and faces. We headed to My family's house around 1:00 for the evening. We had a wonderful time. I decided this year would be a great time to start the family tradition of having an ice cream eating contest. Each participant would have to eat 1 pint of ice cream as fast as they can. Jay and I purchased the ice cream. Chocolate for Jack and then Blue Moo Cookie Dough for the rest of us. Rick had Peppermint Ice Cream though once he joined in. Jack, the cheater, tried to beat me by cutting out a huge portion of his ice cream. He did this by warming up the ice cream until it gently rolled out of the container. He cut off a huge portion of it. Then he placed the remaining ice cream back inside the container and put it back in the freezer upside down so it would go unnoticed. CHEATERS NEVER WIN JACKIE POO!!!! Anyway, so he ended up finishing first, go figure. I finished next, then it was Rick and then Daniel. Rick didn't start in until about 2 minutes after Jack and I began. Ahh, it was so much fun. Next year I'm keeping a good eye on the ice cream so JACK won't try to cheat. If he hadn't cheated I would have won. Although if Rick would have started when we did it would have been a close competition with me in the lead, Rick next and then Daniel. Jack would have finished last because I would have placed Ex Lax in his and he would have been somewhere else. He he he.

Here are some photos of our Christmas Ohio visit. Some are frightening but if you know my family you'd understand our humor.






No comments: