Sunday, December 03, 2006

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I know some are traveling and I hope she'll post on her blog some photos of her trip. She shall rename nameless :-)

I've spent the weekend doing nothing but.....painting. Ahh, my life. I guess I should become a professional painter. It wouldn't be that bad if everything was nice and clean and not an ugly color or scratched all too bits. The joys of home ownership. I'm happy to report though that the hallway and the living room are finally complete. After days and days of painting, trimming and whining about how bad my back hurts the rooms are done and look very nice may I add. I would post photos however the pictures are not hung on the walls yet. Jason will have to do that. I have scoliosis and everything I hang is always uneven. It's wild too. I go through the house and level things how I think they should be level and Jay runs behind and straightens them up. It's honestly hilarious to see.

We had a horrible storm that came through yesterday. I know some other areas had the same sort of storm but the winds, they reported, got up to 70 MPH. I was talking to my aunt Shirley on the phone inviting her to the family reunion in PA in July and I had to cut the phone call short because the wind had blown our canoe over and it was moving down the hill. Our driveway is steep and our canoe is 80 lbs. I knew if I didn't go and catch it right then it would either fly into the home at the bottom of the hill or it would just go down the hill and I wouldn't be able to get it back up. So I went outside, turned it back over and went back into the garage. The wind blew it right back over and it started down the hill again. I then got the keys to the Jeep, moved it out and the canoe in for the night. The next morning I get the news and see all the damage to the area. Thousands without power and 2 million dollars worth of damage to the area. I was very fortunate not to have any damage to our house.

So Sunday I had planned on going to church but I really didn't want to go by myself. I felt the church hunting should be done together. So, I stayed home and started trimming the office. I'm the type of person that starts a project and then lets it sit for a while as I start a new one. With that said, I decided I wanted to paint first instead of trim. So I started to paint. As I got higher on the wall I realized I had forgotten to Spackle the holes in the wall. So, I painted only 1/2 way up the wall and left if. I told Jason about it and then laughed. Tomorrow I'm going to finish rolling the wall and then tomorrow afternoon I'll start on the trim.

I also put the tree up in the house and got out some of the Christmas decor. Some of the decorations are buried in our garage and won't be able to make it out this holiday season. Since the tree was up and the shelties looks adorable I figured I would take a Sheltie Sisters Holiday Photo. I knew I could get them to sit for a split second but I knew it would be tough to get all 5 to sit. That will come later when we take our holiday photo for our newsletter. Anyway, here it is. The 2006 Christmas Holiday Sheltie Sister Photo. Poor Tay misses her Daddy.


No comments: