Saturday, December 09, 2006

On Friday I drove down to Middletown and visited with the Univar facility. Before I left Univar their was talk that maybe I could work out of my house when I moved as a buyer for the Harrisburg facility. So, on Friday I visited with Jeff Moran. I also met with the General Manager and another guy I can't remember his title. They all wished I was closer because they said they would hire me right away since I have 3 years experience with the company already. They said that maybe in a few months something would come up and I could work out of my house as a telesales position but the telesales position has not been approved yet by the GM. He is meeting with a company where I live next week and he's going to take my resume and highly recommend me to this company. So, maybe something will happen. I'm really in no hurry, besides being bored, I want to be sure I find a position that I really like. After my meeting with Univar I picked up Jason at the Harrisburg International Airport. What a podunk little airport. I actually laughed when I pulled in. Afterwards it was off to McClure to pickup my Christmas gift from Jason. I asked him for some weave poles from Mad Agility here in PA. First off, it took us FOREVER to find their house. The directions off Yahoo we're misleading. Not to mention that a lot of the backroads around here are not marked. So, after 2 hours on a 1 hour trip we FINALLY arrived. The people that make the equipment are very nice. They invited us in and showed us all their equipment they make. They also showed us their house remodeling and we talked for a while about our dogs and agility. They are going to supply the ring equipment for the AKC Agility Nationals in Columbus next year. Each year the manufacturers of the equipment place a bid and then 3 manufacturers are chosen to supply the equipment at Nationals. So, they are both really excited to be given this opportunity. Here's the website for their equipment for all my agility buds.

http://www.madagility.com/

That evening we ate at my favorite place and then headed to Wilkes Barre to get some winter gear. Since winter is quickly approaching I knew I needed to get some snow boots and base layer to use while hiking and walking around the area. So, we both purchased our base layers and I purchased some boots for myself. So, about the boots. They have this "Fur" on the top that's really girly looking and frilly. I hated to even buy something with girly fur on it however the boots were amazingly warm and comfortable. So, I got them. We then went to Bed Bath and Beyond and purchased a feather bed for our mattress. We decided to do this instead of buy another mattress because we honestly couldn't find a mattress we really liked for the money. We also got a down comfortable since we really do not have a comfortable comforter. Merry Christmas to us.

On Saturday we got up around 8:30 and headed to the Delaware Water Gap to hike a section of the AT. The hike was really nice and it was so beautiful outside. We didn't want to stay long so we just hiked a few miles. Good Ol' Kenzie was able to go with us and had a wonderful time herself. Here are some photos of cute Kenzie posing for us.




No comments: