Monday, November 06, 2006

Since Trish twisted my arm behind my back swearing she would break it if I didn't post something I figured I would take some time today to post an update on my blog.

So the reason I haven't been posting????? We're moving. You guys already know this move has been in the works for a while but we never imagined it would come this fast and this soon. Our realtor, God bless him, thought it would take ages for our house to sell. His comment on our Dec 1st move date was "WOW, we'll be lucky if it's sold by then" Our house was on the market for a good year before we purchased it so that's why he was worried! Well wouldn't you know it sold in a week! The sellers threw in a curve ball for us too. They wanted us out by the 4th. Yes, the 4th has come and gone and we're still in Memphis but bless those sellers they allowed us to stay in the house until the 10th. YIPPEE! So, after we signed the contract accepting the counter offer we set out for PA on our house hunting trip. All the homes I wanted to see and looked promising turned out to be a dump. My dream house was so horrible, once the door opened I didn't even want to continue looking. Our WONDERFUL realtor Dan suggested we look at a home that was a little more expensive that he listed. We told him of course. We walked into this home and it was love at first sight. Of course I was a little worried since it had a pool and a yard that was on a hill but the house was wonderful. All of the space was exactly what we was looking for. We also had another house in mind. A home that was a little smaller but had a flat yard. Jason and I went back to the hotel and did a pros/cons sheet. The Knob Mountain House WON with flying colors, or whatever the saying is. So, we put an offer on the house and a few hours later Dan called back with wonderful news. Not only did the buyers accept our offer but they also said they could move out when we needed them too. Good news for us since after the 10th we're homeless.

So since the house hunting was out of the way it was time for us to explore the area. We went to Ricketts Glenn State Park for a hiking trip. We couldn't hike the whole 7 mile Falls Trail because we had a meeting with the mortgage company to start the application process. The Falls Trail was incredible and we're really looking forward to finishing the trail once we move. We also took some time and started finding the 40 covered bridges in the area. We only saw 10 but hey, we have tons of time left to finish up :-)

Ok, so I have to mention our horrible trip back to Memphis. The airplane was a tiny plane. Jason and I was seated back by the clogged up toilet. It would have been fine in the door would have stayed shut. Every little air pocket the plane would hit the door would fly open and the smell was just horrible.

Ok, so back in Memphis we closed on our house on Wednesday. One big step down on our move and just one more closing to go. It was an exciting time for both of us but was weird too. Just seems like not too long ago we closed on our house here in Memphis.

On Friday I stayed home sick from work. I came back to Memphis with a cold. I'm sure it was because it was freezing in PA and I had forgotten a hat to cover my ears and the proper winter gear. Stupid me! Anyway, Friday Crazy Carie threw us a going away party. Although I was sick and not my normal wild self I had a wonderful time seeing everyone for the last time. After most of the people left Jacob, Trish, Crazy Carie and Chris, and Jason and I spent some time taking photos. It was so much fun.

Saturday Jason and I ran some errands. I was still sick so he only kept me out for a few hours before I was so tired. I went home and slept for most of the day.

Sunday, same thing. Still sick. Tammy had a picture day at her house that evening. It was outside and I probably shouldn't have went since I'm sick but since this is the last time I'll see all my agility buddies I made the sacrafice.

Monday, still sick. I'm at work now but not motivated at all. I'm spending all my time today researching U Hauls, making hotel reservations (which was tough with 5 dogs), and taking care of all sorts of other things. I'm also working on finding someone to take the freezer we're not taking with us.

Tonight and tomorrow we're working on getting everything ready to take with us. I'll start packing the car to make sure the movers do not take what we are wanting to keep with us. I'll be unhooking the computer and packing our camping gear to take with us. Doing Laundry, dishs, and continuing to go through stuff to throw out.

Ahh, so this will be my final blog post until our move is completed and our internet service is hooked up at the house. I will really miss everyone and I hope you will check back in a week or too when I make my next post.

No comments: