Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I hope everyone has as good a Thanksgiving as I did :-) Mom and Jack came down Wednesday evening. It took them forever to get here. They said the traffic was horrible. Since we live in the sticks I met them off the interstate and drove them to our house. I gave them the grand tour and then we talked a bit and went to bed. Both of them were extremely tired. I totally understood :-)

Thanksgiving day I still wasn't feeling very good. 3 weeks now and I was still sick. While mom and Jason fixed dinner I went downstairs and slept. Jack wasn't feeling well either so he slept too. It was probably good I was out of the kitchen anyway. I'm not a very good cook. Dinner was great and afterwards it was late so we went downstairs and watched Shall we Dance. Mom had never seen it.

On Friday we decided to go to Gettysburg. Jack had always wanted to tour the battlefields. It took around 2 hours driving time, which went by quick as mom and I slept. Once we arrived we looked everywhere for the Visitors Center. Then we ate at the Lincoln Diner. It was ok. Afterwards it was off to the Visitors Center. Jason and I got our National Park stamp and Jack purchased a Auto Tour of Gettysburg. The auto tour was suppose to take 2 1/2 hours of pure driving. Not including the times you got out and looked at the graves, statues, etc. We ventured out and after about 5 of the 16 stops about 2 hours had already passed. So, we figured we should speed up a bit. The sun was starting to set. I'm not sure if any of you has ever toured Gettysburg but you can rent a tour guide for the day to guide you around. Jack found this one tour guide that someone had rented for the day and basically followed them around. At the end of the day Jack got his name so he could request him as a guide next time Jack visited. I uploaded all the photos to my photo site. If for some reason you cannot get the link to open please let me know :-)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tonyamckenna/album/576460762352309265

On Saturday it was off to Philly. It's such a beautiful drive. We drove through the Pocono's, Jim Thorpe State Park and a few other places. That evening we all went to Quaker Steak and Lube. It's becoming a favorite of mine.

Now it's Sunday. Mom and Jack left early this morning for Indiana. I went to sleep and slept until 11:30. I was so exhausted. Then I woke up, took a few photos, which I'll share. I worked on our filing system since all our office files are still in a box. Then I worked on painting the trim in the hallway getting ready to paint the walls. I'm planning on watching a movie tonight.

Speaking of movies. Jason is very proud of his new home theatre. Now that it's all hooked up I took some photos for you all to view. I have the before photos with their furniture and the after photos of our theatre.

Before Photos/Downstairs Theater Room

After Theater Room Photos

No comments: