Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Trying Times

I told myself I was not going to use this blog to complain and vent but today I need to get some things off my chest. First off, today didn't start out very good. Most of you don't really know what I do at my job but I'm an administrative assistant. I also work part time in our shipping warehouse. With that role I work with carriers and with our other branches to bring product into our warehouse for stock. I pull a Dallas truck twice a week. On Monday we didn't have the weight for a full load (43,000) so I had to split my truck with our Little Rock branch. I only pulled 20,000#'s. The new girl started complaining to me this morning about how the product she needed wasn't on the truck. I told her I can only pull stock from DA if they have the mat'l in their warehouse. That didn't seem to register with her. So everyone that called she made it out like it was my fault. I told over and over again this morning about the situation and finally I just said "You know what, I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you." After I made that comment, the sales rep I work for told me that I needed to be a bit nicer to the ladies I work with. I told him I didn't know how much nicer I could be and that I just don't know what to do anymore. I left it at that. Where does he get off telling me that when I've been the one targeted all morning? Honestly, from the first day I started here I have never been liked. My whole life growing up I was never told I was rude so why all of a sudden am I rude now? Maybe it's because I hate it here and the more I live here the more I want to leave? Maybe it's because people just do not know me. That's probably because no one has even tried because I'm so different.

Well, I'm going to stop now because I'm starting to cry while I write this. Thanks to everyone for listening and I'm sorry. Please pray for me. Pray that the rest of the day will get better. I really need it.

1 comment:

Carie said...

not EVERYONE from the south hates you! you're crazy...I just happen to think you are the sweetest, most fun person and I'm as southern as you get :)