Wednesday, August 30, 2006

GURRRRR!

Today I'm having one of those grumpy days. The longer I live in Memphis the more they come around. I keep telling myself to "GET OVER MYSELF" (inside joke with mom) but it's just not working out today. I only get a little relief. One of the bible verses I try to focus on is in James:

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Speaking of mom.....Isn't she just so cute (FOXY LADY)! Look, it's Jackie Poo too!



And then there is my very CUTE sister Stacy:


Last night I mowed the grass. This is a past time that I really enjoy. It's a time to sit and think and reflect on the day and on the future. Since it takes 2 - 3 hours to mow so I have TONS of time to reflect. I was mostly thinking about our future move to PA, if it ever comes. I was thinking, where will we live? Where will I work? I know God will work everything out but I still like to think about it. :-) As far as work goes, I think I'm finished working in an office atmosphere. Honestly, I'm such a tom boy, sitting in an office with a bunch of women during the day is not much fun for me, unless it was Carie or Trish. Now that would be fun! I just do not enjoy talking about what was for dinner last night, sewing, womanly issues, etc. Ewwww! So, with us moving outside the Pocono Mountains it opens up a huge opportunity to do something I love, work outdoors! Although it's going to be extremely cold during the winter months I'm thinking this is what I really need to do. What I am really looking for is an Animal Control Officer or something like that. I've also considered continuing to work in an office but only for a few years so I can go back to school to be a Vet tech or a Vet. Many of you know my love for animals and nature. We'll see.

Speaking of PA. Jason is turning in his relo package into Berwick today. So, next up will be his offer letter. Yippee!

Now about our trip this weekend. Turns out this hurricane will be moving north and passing about 100 miles to the east of the smokies. Which mean, here comes the rain. So, if it rains, we'll probably cancel our trip and head home for the weekend. Or, we'll stake out an alternative location. Jason has suggested going back to Mammoth Cave but we'll see :-) Pray the rain does not come!

1 comment:

Carie said...

Working together with you and Trish in one office would be fun!! Though, I can't promise we won't talk about dinner, sewing (esp. Trish!), and other womanly things :)