Monday, August 28, 2006

Jason and I had a very nice weekend. On Saturday he helped a friend with some computers while I helped Tammy with puppy class. Puppy class is so much fun. It makes me want another puppy, but, there is no room in our house :-) After class I met Jason at the Memphis Pizza Cafe. We had heard that the pizza is wonderful, however, I didn't care for it at all. I probably will not ever eat their again. After that I headed home and took a nap. When Jason came home we hung out for a bit and then headed to our favorite place, Sportsmans Warehouse. Jason and I have been searching for a tent. After our visit we think we've decided which one we'll get as our Christmas gift to one another. That evening I started to watch the new Poseidon. Around 10:30 I couldn't watch anymore because I was so tired.

On Sunday I got up and finished the movie before church. After church we came home and watched movies. Our goal was to watch all 3 of the Jurassic Parks. We got through 1 1/2 of them. I really like those movies. They are fun to watch on the big screen.

Jason and I have started walking in the evenings on a backroad near our house. On Sunday we decided to put a bunch of weight into our packs to get ready for our hike this weekend. I added about 15+ lbs to my pack and Jason added a lot too :-) So, we started walking. We took Sam and Kenzie with us. At first they were walking off leash until Sam decided to hunt for things. After 15 - 20 minutes of trying to get her out of the bean fields Jason caught her a put a leash on her. I tied her to my waist strap and made her walk at my pace. After about 1/2 mile Jason noticed some lightning headed our way. Since both of us was carrying metal weights we decided to cut our walk short to a little over a mile. Tonight will probably be a short walk also since it's Prison Break night :-)

Our plans for our Smokies trip is all set. We have reserved a campsite at the Elkmont campground for Friday night. We'll start early Sunday morning. We'll park on vehicle at the starting point at Newfound Gap Road. Then we'll park the second car at the ending point at Clingmans Dome Road. We'll hike 5 miles on the AT the first night and stay at the Mt Collins Shelter. The second day we'll hike almost 6 miles on the AT to the Double Spring shelter. On Sunday we'll finish our hiking with 2 miles back to one of our vehicles. I'm getting to excited about our trip. I'll be able to upload photos so you all can view them when we return :-)

No comments: