Thursday, August 17, 2006

Last night was dog class. For those who do not know, my husband and I show 2 of our furkids in agility. Agility is a dog obstacle course. You may have seen it before on ESPN and Animal Planet. My dog Chase is absolutly wild. So wild her nickname is Satan. She sometimes appears all calm and nice but then out of the blue she'll jump up and bite your butt. (no joke). Her favorite past time is snaping her teeth at you to get you to play with her. She'll also do it when you're just walking through the house. She has no aggressive bone in her body, it's just the way she is. A weird thing about her is, she doesn't like the word "boo". In fact, she's terrified of it. My hubby likes to say it to her for laughs but I try to tell him not too. Here's a puppy photo of my cute Chase aka "Satan" . See the halo on her head?

I'm sure you're probably going "AWWW, why would you name her Satan" Trust me. :-) Chase has been training in agility since she was just 8 weeks old. So far she has been entered in 3 trials. She has her NAJ title, which is Novice Agility Jumpers. We're still working on her NA title, which is her Novice Agility. She seems to have discovered that spinning in circles and playing with the number cones on the table is so much fun. Needless to say, we had everyone in the arena rolling. (Those who would like to see the run, email me and I'll send it to you)

Taylor is Jasons dog that he trains and shows in agility. Taylor is a goodie goodie too shoes. Right now she is in the Excellent jumpers class in agility. She's also in Open Standard. Once Taylor gets her Excellent A jumpers Title she'll start working on her MACH (Master Agility Champion) title, which is the title of all titles. Jason likes to brag about all the 1st and 2nd place ribbons him and Taylor have earned. He doesn't even leave room for me to show off my titles. Just wait Jason, we'll catch up. :-) Taylor has also taken interests in herding. She's obsessed with ducks. We're waiting on the fall to arrive so we can take some classes.

I've attached more photos of our dogs doing agility in the backyard and also at Agility Fun Day at Tammy's.

Above is Chase doing weaves and sitting on the dogwalk.

Here's Taylor sitting pretty and jumping

No comments: