Sunday, January 28, 2007

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW

FINALLY, we have some snow. Sure, it's snowed a bit here and their but today we actually had SNOW. It's funny how it came too. This morning we went to church and when we arrived it was warm. Jason said it had to be almost in the 40's. So I took off my coat and went into church with only a long sleave shirt. Almost as thin as a T-Shirt. We came out from church and the same thing. I told Jason it was awesome hiking weather and maybe we should go. We had to run to Lowe's first and return a shower head. We went to Lowe's. When I looked over to the west it was dark, almost like it was going to storm. At that time I told Jason it looked like some weather was moving in and that would eliminate our hiking adventure. We talked into Lowe's returned the shower head and then looked for a dog bathing tub. I promise, we was only in Lowe's for no more than 15 minutes. When we walked out it was freezing outside. It had truly dropped about 20 degrees within that 15 minutes and it started to snow. Not just the light snow we've been getting but it was heavy big snow. We went to eat at Charlie Browns Steakhouse and then headed home. It had snowed heavily over by Lowes however when we got back on the mountain near our home no snow in sight. I told Jason we was hexed. That we wanted snow so bad it just was never going to come. I laid down for my Sunday nap and when I woke up around 3:30 to get ready to leave for agility class it was coming down hard. Within the hour I had slept we had already had 1 - 2 inches of snow. I loaded up the crates in the Jeep, dusted the snow off it and then got ready. The driveway was a little tricky. I couldn't use my breaks because I started to slide down the drive way. This tells me when we really get some heavy snow we're going to have to park at the end of the drive and walk up the hill. Our driveway is so crazy steap. The roads we're slick on the way to dog class so I didn't take the back way over to Bloom. I took the long way through town.

Agility class was a blast. Again she set up an excellent standard course. We worked on 6 obstacles sequences at a time and then before we left we ran the whole thing together. Chase was her usual self. We worked a bit on her stays at the jump. She actually did VERY well. I know if I keep working with her at home and at class she'll get it no problem. Someone new came to class today. I decided I wanted to get Sam back in the ring this fall so tonight was her first class in a long time. Well, almost 2 years. She was wild at first, running around like crazy, but in the end she did so good. I was so proud of her. Sam is my favorite so any time I get to spend with her is special. Sam's easier to run because she has great start line stays so I can lead out and she's not as fast as Chase. Tonight we could only use front crosses on the course so that was VERY tricky with Chase. Chase acted up tonight in the ring like she does at the show so Jacqui was able to see what problems I am having. THANK GOODNESS. Jacqui came over and talked to me a bit. During that time Chase did her down on the table since I wasn't paying attention to her so I treated her. Jacqui told me that maybe when she gets on the table I should just ignore her and let her do the down. It worked wonderful. We'll see if she does it in the ring ok like that in March.

Well I'm ending this VERY long blog with some photos of our new kitchen furniture. When we got it home Jason said our house is finally starting to look like a home and not a dorm room. So true, so true. I'm also including some photos of the snow. It was dark when we went out tonight so I wasn't able to get any of the snow on the mountain (which is beautiful). Maybe tomorrow ont he way to work we can take some photos.

ENJOY!

They love to eat the snow. Just don't eat the yellow snow. he he he.

No comments: