Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Busy Busy Busy and Bored Bored Boring

Work is starting to get really busy. Which is exciting to me. Today I had my first meeting with the VP of an account I will be handling. I was very excited to become involved however it was a bit overwhelming. They were talking fast and I was trying to jot down notes I thought was important. It always seems the notes you jot down just is never enough. So, I'm thinking about asking them if they will purchase me a hand held recorder for meetings. I need to sit in a few more though to be sure that's what I really need. After that I spent the rest of the afternoon working on a project they needed me to complete. Now this can be quite challenging since I'm not sure what all the products are yet. Some of these Christmas items just have the weirdest names. Some of it is so UGLY I wouldn't buy it for my dogs chew toy! Maybe a gag gift though :-) But, most of the items are really cool. It's also really exciting since I really like to decorate my house for Christmas. They have this bow in the show room that I'm dying to have for my Christmas tree. Not only that but our office also has a outlet store hooked onto it. You can get all the ribbons, bows, even scrapbooking stuff for nearly nothing.

Now why am I bored? Well tonight I cleaned the house. BORING! Now I'm sitting here trying to think of things to say. I know mostly my family and friends from far away read this to keep up with what we're doing but honestly, it's been nothing this week but work! May I say how thankful I am that God has blessed me with a good job? And how awesome it is that we're so close to work? Jason and I used just 1 tank of gas in 2 weeks. Can you imagine that? We drive back and forth to work 2 times a day. Once to actually go to work and go home and then we go home for lunch every day to visit with the children and let them out. This works out really well since Tasha is getting so old and is starting to have problems holding herself during the day.

Thank God tomorrow is Thursday. I'm ready for the weekend. Jip and her hubby are coming over and bringing their sheltie Ania on Saturday night. We're going to have pizza and a movie thon. Then on Sunday it's dog training class. Taylor sure is getting antsy and needs something to do. If she jumps off the stairway onto the couch again I'm going to kill her :-) Not really but she's been getting into tons of trouble lately because she's doing that. Hopefully by the end of this year we'll have a railing up so she can't do that any longer.

Super Bowl Party - Now normally we have a crowd over. Since we just moved though Crazy Carie and Chris, Jacob and Trish, and Andrew and Jennifer can't come. Boo Hoo. I'm going to try to talk Jip into coming (you hear that Jip?) he he he. Then we're just going to pick random people we work with and invite them over. Sounds fun huh? It's the best way to meet new people and develop new friendships. Although some of them may think, after the party, MAN IS SHE STRANGE! he he he.

No comments: