Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stupid Questions get Funny Looks......

So the other day, like my second day at work I asked the stupidest question ever. Well, at least I felt dumb after it came out of my mouth. We are a ribbons and bows manufacturer. It's mostly Christmas bows and ribbons but they also have their hand into Valentines Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and other small holidays. So it's almost the middle of January and still all this Christmas stuff is out. So I ask Elizabeth who's training me, "Does this Christmas stuff stay out all year round" I get a funny look and her answer was "Well our main holiday is Christmas" Now Elizabeth is very nice but I can understand the funny look and the short remark. Afterwards I was thinking to myself, now what does she think of me now? Does she think I so stupid? Anyway, Elizabeth and I are very similar in the way we do things and get things done. We're both anal about things and like to stay busy and do things right the first time. I've really enjoyed spending the last week with her helping me out. She did a run through of stuff the first day and by the second day I was on the computer and she was looking over me making sure I was doing things right. She's a very interesting lady too. She travels all over the world a few times a year and has so many cool stories and photos. This year she's heading to Austria. The first time she said that I was thinking "Austria, well Good day mate. Let's put another shrimp on the barbe." Good ol Dumb and Dumber quote. But, I didn't say that one out loud :-) I really think I'm going to like my job. I'm excited about it actually.

In other news, our HS reunion is suppose to be this year. That should be very exciting, if I even get to go. It will be interesting to see everyone. See what their like. See if the popular people ended up being bums or something like that. That seems to be what happens. Or how many people are still rotting away in Union County :-) All my friends I have been in touch with live away from Union County and we are always laughing at the people who go to this little bar in Liberty to hang out. First off, if you have ever visited Liberty it's the smallest town on earth. Or it seems like it. For the only hang out to be in a bar that's another thing. Where did this bar come from? Why do they even need a bar in Liberty? If I was still living their and wanted to meet people I would drive to Cincy, Richmond or even Indy. Ahh, it's funny to laugh about it though.

Well I better go help Jay with dinner! Carie, my dear Carie......WHERE'S ALL THOSE KUWAIT PHOTOS I'M DYING TO SEE? (he he he)

No comments: