Monday, February 05, 2007

ARTIC AIR..........BURRR

So today the temp with the wind chill is -20 deg. Holy Cow it's freezing outside. The instant I walk outside my nose boogies freeze. Not like dumb and dumber freeze but that's what it feels like. I pulled out my wind breaker winter jacket today. It's huge but it keeps me warm.

This past weekend we had a grand ol' time. We had planned to go to Paragon Offroad Park to help save the park this weekend. I got on the message boards Friday night and found out that I needed a tow hook and a orange flag to go. I didn't have either. So, my plans were shot. I was bumbed too. I found out over 500 vehicles we're their to support the park on Saturday. That's not counting the ATV's. Paragon is about to shut down due to a cargo airport coming to the area. It's a huge deal to many people in the area. Their were people their this weekend from Maine. They are looking for another piece of land but they haven't had any luck yet. We'll see what happens. So, we ventured out to Wilkes Barre to do some shopping. I had a few specific things I was looking for and didn't find anything. I HATE to SHOP! We did have a great lunch at UNO's. When we got home we worked around the house a bit and played with the furkids. At night we watched Talladega Nights. I HATE NASCAR (Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks). Will Ferrel is funny but the movie was just OK.

Sunday we went to church. One of the guys I work with goes to our church. I had invited him and his wife to our agility class. They have 2 wild dogs and I told him it was the perfect sport to get them into. Well I didn't get a chance to let him know the class had been moved to 2:00 instead of 5 before I left so I hunted for his number online so I could leave a message for him at his house. I felt like a stalker but Jason said that it was the nice thing to do so they wouldn't drive all the way to Bloom and no one would be their. Anyway, so they both ended up coming. I met his wife for the first time and she's very nice. She works at the church we attend. They are very interested in starting agility so that's exciting. After that we headed home for the Super Bowl. I was rooting for the Colts and Jason the Bears. Sorry Jason, you lost :-) We both really do not like Football so it was funny watching it together. :-) I felt sorry for the guys though with all the fumbles and stuff. All the rain.

Oh, I forgot one thing. On Saturday Jay and I headed to Dalo's for donuts. On the way we seen a red bird on some branches covered in snow. My mom is a huge fan of the red birds and we just happened to have Jason's camera with us. So, we parked in the road and tried to take some photos. It's so funny when people pass and they see someone with a camera taking photos they think it's like a bear or something. Sorry, it's a bird :-) So the bird was having the toughest time staying in one place. He would move so we would have to move. We spent almost 1 hour trying to get a good photo. I think the one we got is ok. Then we headed over to the lake to take some photos of ice fishermen. Now this is exciting to watch. I've never lived in a place where people ice fish.





No comments: