Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

We tried to get to work today. Got about 1 mile and decided heading down the mountain wasn't a good idea. The roads were not plowed. Their was one set of tire tracks in the road. The road was so slick it was crazy. After finding a place to turn around and then getting stuck for a second we popped the Jeep into 4 wheel drive low and headed back to the house. At one point a garbage truck was headed right for us. We stopped in the road and prayed that he wouldn't hit us. He was all over the road. I told Jason my life was more important than my job. I called my boss and now I'm just praying that I do not get fired. I'm still in my probation period so we'll see. Lesley is a very nice boss and I honestly don't think she will fire me. She said that hardly anyone was at work today and her husband had to drive her in. I honestly think she understands, plus, they know where I live to they know how the roads probably look.

Jason got out his brand new snow thrower. We purchased the thrower back in November when we moved expecting to get a snow like this. Honestly, we didn't think it would come. But, here it is. We have about 6 inches, less than what they predicted. On top of that it's sleeting. It's been sleeting through the night and probably will continue through the day. So, here are a few beginning snow photos. Plus one photo of what your mouth looks like when you stick a flashlight in it. he he he. I know it seems we only photo the shelties but they are the only ones that will play in the snow.






Jason's mouth, scary eh!

No comments: