Monday, September 01, 2008

Not Sure What To Do.....

Ever since the beginning of August I have had problems sleeping. I thought at first it was because I was coming off my narcotics from surgery. Now, 3 weeks later, I'm still having problems sleeping. I have tried everything: Camomile, wine, etc. Everything but sleeping pills. I do not want to start a whole new set of pills I'm going to have to ween myself off of. So, each night I get up. Spend a couple of hours pacing around the house in the dark, look down the hill on a moonlit night to make sure our neighbors house is ok, then, I try to find a place to sit and fall asleep in. This could take hours. Basically, I'm not getting any more than 4 hours of sleep a night. I'm exhausted and worried that this could be harming my body and slowing the healing process from surgery. Normally the restless legs starts twitching around 2:30 and I'm up by 3:00am. Tonight, they started early. They started around 11:45 and I've been up ever since. It's now a little past 1:00. Once I'm done blogging it's off to walk and try to find a chair to fall asleep in. I'm just tired. I pray every night and cry hoping God is hearing my cry for help. So far, no answer. I'm still keeping a hope though that he'll help me sleep, just 1 night is all I ask.....Is that too much?


Now for the good news. I like the good news to be first so I can end my blog on a good note. Today I took my first real hiking trip. Granted it was less than 2 miles but it was steep. We went to Bushkill Falls. It's no Ricketts Glen but we had never been their and wanted to try it out. Ricketts has over 30 falls and it's free. It was kind of chilly this morning, as you can see I'm wearing a fleece but the day got warmer as we hiked. Jason could tell a huge improvement on my breathing. I was not huffing and puffing like usual. I could tell a huge improvment as well. I was stopping several times but only because I needed to let my body rest. Since I have been home I have lost a lot of muscle, so, I am finding I get tired quicker. I was still so excited about my breathing. Still have a long way to go to build my lungs up but I felt great. I was so excited. I'm attaching some pictures below. One is quite funny. Not sure what happened but I look like a ghost. It's hilarious.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you're hiking! Girl, you are hardcore :)
-Carie

Kim said...

Great pics!! Even the spooky ghostly version of you!! Wow! You are out hiking already!!! That is awesome!!