Sunday, August 17, 2008

Recouping Pains and annoyances

So, I'm going on my 4th week post-op. I'm feeling pretty good too. I'm able to walk almost 1 mile each day. I can get out of my recliner on my own, cook, clean, etc on my own.

Now for the annoyances and pains.....

1. Last night I tried to sleep in bed. Jason started moving around and it was bothering me so I decided to get up. Earlier that morning I had showed Jason this rocking technique I learned from a friend in order to get up on my own. Basically I bend my knees close to my chest and rock. Sounds easy right? Well, not when the pillows that once propped you up are now flat. I tried to sit up on my own, did it, but felt like I had just ripped everything apart on my insides.....OUCH! So, back to the recliner

2. My breathing is still horrible. I know it's because I'm still swollen on the inside and way out of shape but it's annoying.

3. I would love to be able to sit outside during the day. However, these little biting bugs decide to climb on my back. I can swat them because I can't reach them. So, I'm stuck inside.

4. Sneezing seems to try to happen on a regular basis. Sometimes I think it would be easier to just sneeze and let it hurt like hell but I decide to try to stop it. When I do this it feels like I'm ripping my incisions apart. Another ouch!

5. I wish the driveway was flat so I could walk during the day. Instead I have to wait for Jason to help me down the drive since it's all washed out from the rain. It's horrible actually. We're not sure what we can do with it.

6. Last thing and I'm done complaining. Oh how I wish I could wipe my butt. I can but I have to do it from the front and I can't reach that far. Gurr.......

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time, but that last "complaint" has me chuckling. No joke, my grandmother told me that if I ever built a house to be sure and put a bidet in it. I could have used one after giving birth to a nine pounder, and it sounds like you could use one now! :)

Seriously, I hope that you're feeling much better soon!