Monday, August 27, 2007

Oh Boy do I have a lot to talk about. First off, Happy Birthday to my bestest sister in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! She turned 24 on a day this weekend. He he he.

Next up.....Very good news on the video camera front. It has been found. I didn't know whether it was stolen or if I just lost it. Luckily I found it. I have no idea how it was placed where it was but it has been found. I was so excited I jumped for joy, gave Jason a huge hug and screamed. Yes, that's right, Screamed. Woo Hoo! You ask, where did I find it? Well the drawer to my filing cabniet wasn't shutting. I thought maybe a computer cord was caught. I was cleaning this weekend and I kept trying to shut it. Finally I looked down and seen a strap. I picked it up and there was my camera. Now I can start video taping my dog shows again and sharing it with the world. I need a You Tube account :-) I think I'll start one tonight.

This weekend was a very hot weekend. Not as hot as my friends are down in MS but it was around 96. I woke up on Saturday really wanting to go hiking. We decided to take Taylor and Chase. Tay needed to take a trial hike before we made the final decision to take her backpacking this weekend. She failed. After 2 miles of hiking she was exhausted. Both the shelties were actually, which is surprising. I did get some really cute shots of them though and of the falls. We had planned on hiking the full 8 miles but ended up stopping about 1 mile in where the rivers meet. We stopped for the longest time at the 3 waterfalls. I tiptoed across rocks to get closer to feel the mist. Since it was just us we took the Shelties off leash. They started running around like mad dogs. Chase ran a little too far and ended up in a very deep pool of water. Poor thing wasn't expecting to go for a swim. She was just kicking and kicking. She had this look of fear in her eyes. Once she calmed down I kept calling her over to me and finally she came. Check them out....The Plunge
Tay waiting on Chase to arrive back on land
I absolutely love this photo.

Labor Day Plans......
Speaking of Labor Day, Carie, wouldn't it be funny if you had little Peanut on LABOR DAY! Ha, I crack me up.

Ok, so I told you all we decided not to go to Maine. We're heading to the Adirondacks. Jason and I have decided to become 46ers. A 46er is someone who hikes all the 46 tallest peaks in the Adirondacks. Each trip you take you fill out a report summarizing the trails you hiked, how you felt, weather, etc. Then you send it in and they keep track of your summits. 20 of the 46 do not have trails so once we get our GPS we're going to start bush wacking and getting those. I'm very excited to become a 46er. Luckily the summits are not very high. Marcy being the highest at 5344 feet. We packed our bear bin (which is required) and packed our bags.....Oh wait....

All My bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

I'm leaving to go hiking
I don't know if I'll be back again

Nope, not drunk or high, just a little crazy tonight.

Well I better stop right there. He he he

1 comment:

Carie said...

You crack me up! Man, what a beautiful place! Tilly's upset Aunt Tonya and Uncle Jason didn't take her swimming :) That would be funny to go into labor on Labor Day! Actually, my family is rooting for that day. Miss y'all!