Monday, August 20, 2007

First off Happy Birthday to Jacqui. You're younger than Jason is! He he he.

Now to catch you guys up on what's been going on.....

Farewell to Maine, Hello Adirondacks
We did some research and spoke to several people in the area about our trip to Maine. We found out it was going to take a heck of a long time to get their. Longer than we had originally though. So we decided to save Maine until next year when I have more vacation time. Now we're heading to the Adirondacks. We're both really excited because it's been a really long time since I've been to my favorite place in the world. We've decided to hike the Hurricane Mountain and stay for the night. Since we've chosen the Adirondack park we had to purchase a bear bin. They require it. Actually, if you are caught without one they will make you head back. So, we picked one thats approved for both black and grizzly bears. I can't wait until next week when we head out. We've also decided to leave Kenzie at home and take Taylor for her first backpacking journey. I hope she'll enjoy it.

Sad disappearance of my video camera....
That's right, it's gone. I don't know if it was stolen or if I lost it. The last time I seen it I was at the DOCNA trial. It sucks too because I just got it back in February. I'm not sure if I'll get another one. It was a lot of money to lose. But, then again, I miss taping our agility trials. We'll see.

Port Jervis Agility Trial
On Friday we headed to Port Jervis, NY for a agility trial. We arrived about 7:30 or so. Just in time to set up camp before dark. The trial sight was beautiful. We positioned ourselves where we had campers only on one side and then the woods on the other. For more than one reason too (no bathrooms in the camper). So, I went in the woods all weekend :-) I waited until dark too so no one would see where I was going. Friday night we had a rough storm. The camper was rocking like crazy but it only lasted for about an hour or so. Then it was sleepy time. On Saturday our first walk through wasn't until around 10:00 so we slept in, well 7:30 was sleeping in. When we woke up we noticed that Tasha was acting strange. She wouldn't go outside we had to place her outside to go to the bathroom. Normally she follows the pack in and out. When she's cold too she's the first at the door to come inside. When we called the furkids in she just sat their and shivered. We tried calling her but she couldn't hear us. So, Jason had to pick her up. When he put her down she immediately laid down by the door and wouldn't move. Normally she just sleeps, eats and potties but this time she really wasn't moving. I was very scared. So we left and went to the trial. I talked to Jacqui and her mom about her symptoms and figured she wasn't going to perk up and possibly this could be it. When we went back for lunch Jason was checking her out and noticed that her eye was shut and it was oozing. When he opened it up it was white. So we knew we had to take her to the vet when we returned. Oh yeah, no Q's for us on Saturday :-( Chase did have a very good Jumpers run, we were so close. She also had a wonderful start line stay. Something I do not work on enough. On Sunday Tasha was feeling much better. She was moving around like normal and her eye wasn't oozing. We slept in until around 7:30 again. Then headed over to the trial. Jason ran first and got his first Ex A Q with a first place. It was really nice on a VERY hard course. When it came time for me to do my jumpers course I was kind of scared about the course. When I walked it I realized my fear. This judge was nasty. I walked the course and knew for sure we wouldn't Q. I hate to go into a course thinking that and honestly, this was the first one that really made me totally feel this way. So, time to run.....I told Chase to stay. I needed to lead out and head at least 2 jumps ahead. She broke the stay so I took off. At first we did ok but then I was lost. I've also never been lost in a course either. I told Jacqui I have added this judge to my list that I will not go to trials when they are their. After all of us finished it was time to load up. Before we loaded the Jeep we celebrated Jacqui's birthday with some cake. Umm was it good. (Jacqui, I think you should have asked who looked older) he he he. Did I mention it was cold all weekend? Weird.

Let's see, what else......

Oh yeah, we bought Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz and played them together. That was tons of fun :-)

It's been raining all day today. If it's nice on the weekend it will be a great time to hike Ricketts.

OH yeah, I was talked/forced into joining a weight loss challenge. My team could win 1,000.00 though so I guess it's worth a try. I'm sure we'll lose though. I like food way too much. My weight today was 155. I'm telling everyone this so you guys can keep on me and help me lose the weight. Ahh, twinkies never looked so good...

Congrats Jacqui on Gy double Q. Just a few more to go. :-)


Too all my Memphis Agility buds.....Anyone up for a trial in Dayton, OH end of November? It's the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'd love for the clan to get together again. Jacqui will be judging so we're heading down. We'll be able to visit with the family and stuff. If not, maybe next year we can all meet up somewhere 1/2 way.

No comments: