Sunday, August 05, 2007

First off my good ol "Preggo" friend (as some people call them) is in labor right now. Trish and Jacob are due to have little Critter any time now. I'm excited for them and can't wait to meet Critter when they come and visit us in October. More news on the labor front tomorrow. :-)

Jason and I have had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday we cleaned the house and kind of goofed off all day. Then we watched a 2 movies, 300 and The Contract (which was stupid). I really liked 300. I kept telling Jason how much I enjoyed the lead guy saying "Spartans" His voice was the coolest. The Contract had 2 of our favorite actors in it. Morgan Freeman and John Cusak. While the scenery was incredible, not to mention they were backpacking, the story was horrible. Jason fell asleep and I watching the whole thing wondering, what's next? Then when it ended I found myself saying "I can't believe that's it".

Sunday we decided to skip church. We slept in until 9:00 which never happens. Then we headed out for bagels and then to Hickory Run. I really hadn't planned on hiking much however we ended up hiking 7 miles in like 2 hours. Needless to say I didn't carry my pack, nor my bladder so I was dehydrated. Jason had 2 nalgene bottles that we shared. We also had to share with Kenzie. Our destination was Boulder Field. It was the coolest thing ever. You're hiking in the woods and then all of a sudden it gets really rocky and then.........100 acres + of nothing but boulders. WEIRD! How did they get their? They looked placed. Anyway, we walked a while on them. You really had to watch your footing because some shifted. The noise that they made when it shifted was indescribable. It was the coolest noise ever though. You could tell their were several layers of boulders underneath the ones you were walking on. Kenzie's feet started to hurt so we headed back. We then headed to the Leigh Gorge to check out the river. They had released the dam so the water levels were floatable. We spoke to a couple of whitewater rafters just asking about the type of paddling. Now Jason and I are searching for a new boat. We're thinking inflatable kayaks so we can take them anywhere with us. Tune in later on in the year or early next year to see what we end up with.

Anyway, check out some of the photos from our hike.


Yes, there are boulders over their too! He he, actually he was pointing out the only tree in the field (see below)

Reminds me of the Tree in the courtyard in Lord of the Rings


Here's a collage I just completed of Kenzie. It will hang downstairs in the dog area. Isn't it cute?

1 comment:

Carie said...

those pictures of kenzie are so cute! i know she misses her buddy, tilly :) you guys have the most amazing hiking around you! i'm so jealous!! hopefully we can come visit y'all in the spring. miss you!