Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today we fought the mountain and the mountain won. Let me explain. This weekend was suppose to be fence building weekend. We liked our fence back in MS so much we had planned on building it again here in PA. Boy did our plans change drastically. We had heard that PA was the big rocky and heard horror stories of people trying to dig in the dirt here. I just prayed it would be easier for us. So, we woke up early this morning and headed to Home Depot to rent a post hole digger. We brought it home and started working right away. Come 11:30 we had only completed 1 hole. That's digging just 2 feet deep to get below frost line. So, we decided that the mountain won and we would just put up a horse fence instead. Granted it wasn't the first thing I had in mind. Actually, I really didn't want to use a horse fence but we really do not have any choice. We're going to call some fence companies that have the big hole digging equipment and see how much they would charge to dig just 35 posts. If it's an ungodly amount due to the work thats involved we'll just call the fence quits. Oh by the way, I did something very redneck today. While digging the holes I was pulling out the rock with my bare hands. I cut myself on one of the rocks and my finger started to bleed. So instead of going inside to get a bandaid I used mud to clot the bleeding. I called it a mud bandaid :-)

This weekend also changed our plans for our deck. We had planned on digging footers for the deck and sinking them in concrete however we will not be doing that anymore. So, we're going to use those concrete blocks and make a free standing deck.

On the flip side today was the most beautiful day we've had here in PA so far. Tomorrow is suppose to be even nicer. We're planning on heading to Ricketts again for a hiking trip.

I'm still archiving my photos right now so I figured I would share a few more funny photos I found.

No comments: