Monday, April 30, 2007

Living Green

A few weeks ago Jason and I watched the Al Gore documentary called An Inconvenient Truth. Now Jason and I are both not Al Gore fans but we wanted to see what he had to say about Global Warming. After watching the movie we both decided to start doing our part and helping the environment. So far our changes have been: carpooling almost every day after work, changing our light bulbs in the house to the new energy saving light bulbs and purchasing a non gas push mower. We're also going to try to find a local place to recycle. We're both very excited about this new way of life and the efforts of many others to help the environment. I highly recommend watching the documentary, even if you do not like Al Gore (mom) and hear what he has to say. Some of the photos have are amazing. For instance one of the places on our list to visit in the US Glacier National Park. He showed photos of how the parks glaciers are diappearing. He also mentioned one of the most beautiful bears, the polar bear, is now having to swim a lot farther looking for an iceberg to rest on. He even mentioned they are now finding some polar bears are drowning.

Anyway, please watch and I hope you'll do your part is saving the environment.

Now, what have we been up to lately? Well lots and lots of projects. We've been debating for quite some time as to what kind of deck we had planned on building. After our post hole digging incident we decided not to build a deck but we would try to have concrete poured. Now the cost was not bad at all but Jason and I still was not satisfied with the final look of the backyard. So, after tons of planning and discussing we decided to create a paver patio. We're both very excited and can't wait to see the patio once it's finished. So this weekend we started demolition of our existing concrete pad. Jason purchased a sledge hammer and went to work early Saturday morning. You all know me, I always have to try things as well. So, I gave the sledge hammer a few swings and it brought a smile to myself. The whole time I was singing the song "Break Stuff" and thinking how much fun destroying things is :-) he he he. Anyway, I turned the sledge hammer over to Jason after a few swings of my own and decided I would work the slate bar and let him rest after he bashed up portions of the patio. While holding the slate bar I started thinking about one of my favorite old cartoons as a kid "He Man". Yes girls, you heard it, I watched He Man and really enjoyed it. I'm such a Tom Boy. Anyway, so I'm posting some of my He Man photos. I think I kind of look like him. But, without the blond hair. I have his muscles though :-)
I had to leave Jason early to head off to my first softball practice with the church. Anyone ever heard of modified pitch? Well it's not slow pitch and it's not fast over hand pitch but it's fast underhand pitch. It's wild. The strike zone is way low which was really hard for me to get used to. Anyway, I ended up hurting myself and hurting my shoulder so I'm hoping I will not have any more physical therapy. Pray for me.

No comments: