Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Life of An Agility Dog Star!

Well we headed for Harrisburg on Friday for our dog show. It was our first outdoors show and it was quite nice. We arrived around 7:00pm with our new Dog Motel and Jacquie and her mom came to help us set up. It was so exciting to finally have a place to stay and hang out while at our dog shows. We ended up going to sleep around 10:00 because by that time the both of us was so tired. Well for our first night in our camper I was VERY cold. Jason was paranoid about carbon monoxide poisoning and had me all paranoid so I kept the heat down so the both of us and our furkids wouldn't die in our sleep. PARANOID, yes I know. The first night in new places is always hard for Tay so she was up until around 1:00 barking. After she went to sleep though we crashed. Our new camper is so comfortable.

So, Dog Show Day 1. Here's the schedule. Get up, 6:30am, take the furkids potty and head up to the check in to get our little number stickers. After that, pick up our course maps. Then it's time to wait while they set up the course and prepare it so you can walk. Now, it's 7:30 and it's time to walk the course. First dog on the line at 8:00am. Now today while I was walking I was watching the other people and thinking, Man, we really look dorky walking around all these jumps pretending our dog is running with us and trying to figure out exactly what they are going to do. Oh look, front cross time, it's time to turn in a circle. Oh, next, rear cross time, time to wave our hand in the air and motion for our dog to go a different way. Ahh, so funny. I stopped and laughed to myself. Next, check in. Then about 10 dogs before it's time to run it's time to get your dog, take them potty again. Now it's time to wait in your line and think in your mind again exactly how we're going to run the course. Now you hear, next dog on the line. It's time for your run. Honestly, when you're running it's just you and your dog. Your both working together watching each others moves. Honestly, it's one of the best feeling in the world. Even though we didn't Q today I wouldn't have traded this day for anything else. I love spending the day hanging out with people who love their dogs, hanging out with my husband who loves agility and hanging out with my best friends in the world.

I found out that strong winds and snow/rain was heading our way overnight and several people were not coming back so we decided to also head home tonight and play it safe. I guess the governor declared PA in a State of Emergency. We did not want to get stuck in Harrisburg nor did we want to risk waiting on the snow to fall and have trouble getting our Dog Hotel up our steep driveway.

Check out some of our agility friends and the photos we took today. Doesn't the day look lovely? I was also told by the photographer at the show that Sam and I were very photogenic. Sam was whistled off the course today and I spotted her in the corner so I told Sam to pose and before we walked out of the ring we stopped just to get our photo taken :-) I can't wait to see the pictures. Here's the ones we took this weekend though.





2 comments:

Trish said...

Sam looks great doing those weaves...

Trish said...

Hey Look...I can post now.