Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged. I'm a very bad blogger. A lot has been going on lately so here goes (In no particular order)

1. We went to a friends house down near Harrisburg for our 10yr family photo. We spent about an hour as the sun was setting. It was so nice to see her again. It's been a little over a year or so. She took some really great photos, which made it very hard to choose. I'm hoping to purchase the file from her so I can use the picture and post it places.

2. We went to Shenandoah National Park in Virginia over our 10yr anniversary. We drove down on a Friday and came home on Saturday. It started pouring so I was glad we left the park before the rain hit. Overall we saw hundreds of deer (and I"m not kidding), 2 turkeys, a bobcat dragging a baby deer across the road, and 3 bear families. The scenery was amazing. This is our park #7, I think, out of 56.

3. We sold our camper. We have been talking about it for over a year now. Some friends of ours were in the market for one and asked if we wanted to sell it. After one night of discussion and prayer we decided it was the best thing to do. To replace our camper we purchased a 13' x 10' tent. We have never had a tent this large before so it was different for us. IT'S HUGE! We can fit 2 cots, 2 chairs, a table & 4 dog crates inside. It's literally the size of our bedroom.

4. Jason and I are on a mission to become debt free. This is everything, except our house. We paid off the credit card & camper. Jason's Jeep will be paid off next month, which leaves us with my Jeep and the house. Next I'm going to put all our money toward paying off my Jeep. Our house should be the only debt we have left by the end of the year. YIPPEE!

5. For a few years we have been researching canoe's & kayaks. When our canoe got a hole in it down in MS we tried our hardest to patch the darn thing. Nothing worked. So, after extensive research I am happy to announce that we have picked our boat. The funny thing is, we both want the same one (weird, that never happens). We're getting a sit-on-top kayak. We chose the sit-on-tops because of several reasons: cannot swamp if flipped, easy entry & exit, a dog can go with us & you can use it on the ocean. We placed the order today and should get them in 3 weeks, I believe. We're very excited about getting back on the water.

No comments: