Sunday, March 25, 2007

Too Much Work, Not Enough Play!!!

That's been our weekend. Friday night we headed out to Lowe's to pickup a new exterior door and an interior bathroom door. It fit just perfect in our little jeep. Then we planned on getting up very early and starting our project so we could have time to run to the camper show in Bloom that afternoon. I should have known better than to plan fun stuff around replacing the door. We ended up starting around 7:00am and didn't get done until 4:00pm. We couldn't get the &$*# thing squared. Poor Jason was getting so frustrated and I was feeling useless so I moseyed up to the deck and started removing boards. I ended up breaking 2 bits and stripping who knows how many screws. By then I was so frustrated I ran up and grabbed the sledge hammer and started banging away. After a couple really good swings :-) I was frustrated and laid down on the deck and just looked up at the sky. I had all these bad thoughts running through my head. "Maybe I'll set it on fire", "Maybe I'll attached a chain to my Jeep and to the deck and pull it down" (that was my number one). Finally, back down the hill I went all disgusted. I told Jason I wasn't removing any more screws but that we was going to take the sawzall and saw it down. We did end up getting the door in and squared. After that we both decided we didn't want to cook so we headed to OIP for my wonderful stromboli. Jason had a Philly Cheese steak that he said was one of the best he has had. That night both of us wanted to go to sleep by 7:00 but knew we couldn't because we wouldn't sleep through the night. So, we stayed up and watched Annapolis.

Sunday
Hons was going to meet us at Lowe's so we could get some drywall home for the basement. We was meeting him around noon so we had to skip church. We decided to go to the camper show, which didn't open until 11:00. BLASTED! So, off to Home Depot to pickup a few things. Then we went to Lowe's, got our drywall and headed back to the house. We relaxed for about 30 minutes and then it was off to dog class. Dog class was challenging but as always, tons of fun. Sam and Chase did very well and I'm totally looking forward to the show coming up in a few weeks.

Dilemma.....

Right now we have a dilemma. AKC Agility Nationals is in Columbus this coming weekend. It's normally really far so it's hard to get to without flying. This time it's only 5 hours away. Not only that, we know a few people competing. We had planned on going hiking in the Adirondacks and staying the weekend with our aunt Shirley next weekend but now we're thinking about skipping hiking and heading to Columbus. We cannot do both because the following weekend will be our show in Harrisburg. Being gone 3 weekends in a row and having 3 projects that need to be completed before July just will not work. So, now we're stuck deciding that to do. Agility Nationals, Visit Shirley and hike? Tune in next weekend for the results.

(Photos to be uploaded tomorrow)

Also, Crazy Carie, I am very happy that you've started blogging again. Your words just lights up my life. Not to mention the hilarious photo you created for me. You're the best! Also, I wore the wonderful orange Clemson shirt all weekend and thought of you!

http://monkeys-in-flight.blogspot.com/

No comments: