Monday, March 05, 2007

Ghetto Madness, Late Night Dinners, Agility Dogs, Broken Camera and Flying Signs

I know you all have been waiting patiently for our agility weekend summary. We had a wonderful weekend on the agility course and some other mishaps. I'll sum our weekend up by day.

Friday
Jason took off work so he could get things ready and drop the other 2 furkids off at the kennel. Our appt was for 9:00am. Jason called me at 10:15 and advised no one showed up and he has been sitting their for over an hour. I told him to stay put and I would scramble like crazy to make a last minute kennel reservation. I left a few messages at some kennels and waited. A few minutes later Jason called back saying the guy had called him telling him him and his wife had a miscommunication. She thought he was going to check us in and he thought she was checking us in. Regardless Jason wasted 1/2 of the day just trying to board the kids. I didn't feel comfortable leaving them at the kennel but we had no other choice. We will no longer be using Meadow Lane Kennels! Jason picked me up at 3:00 and we headed for Philly. We wanted to make a stop at REI (backpacking/camping store). He wanted to look for some hiking shoes since hiking season is coming up. While Jason was looking for his shoes, Chase and I walked around the store searching for a hydration pack for me. After about 1 hour Jason picked his shoes, I found my hydration pack and we picked up a map of Acadia NP. We also found Kenzie a backpack for our upcoming trip to SNP. After we left REI we followed yahoo map directions to the arena. We ended up finding a spot at the arena to set up. I was excited because sometimes crate space is hard to find. After we left, once again, we followed Yahoo Maps to our hotel. Little did we know the map was sending us right through the Philly Ghetto. I was scared out of my mind. Not only was it almost 9:00pm while we're driving through the ghetto but we were lost. We ended up finding an on ramp to 95. We didn't really care that it was only the on ramp for heading South on 95 even though we needed to head north. I called Jacquie frantic because we were lost. She emailed us directions (Thanks Jacquie!) We ended up driving all the way to Delaware just to turn around and come back. Once we made it to the hotel we decided to walk to Dennys for dinner. BIG MISTAKE! Their were several things wrong with this Dennys and I do plan to write the company and complain but, we ended up waiting 45 minutes for our to go order just to take it back to the hotel and it was ICE COLD! By that time it was 10:00. Jason was furious and said he was talking our food back to Dennys for a refund. I called Domino's for a pizza and Domino's had delivered the pizza just as Jason was getting back from Dennys. REMEMBER, We could walk to Dennys!Kenzie loving her new backpack


Saturday
What a beautiful day! It was in the 50's and who could complain. Chase was the first to run at 7:45 but she had to get measured first. Chase ended up measuring 18 1/2 so now she has moved up to the 20" class. This is a good thing though because I feel I have better control over her at 20". Anyway, she had a beautiful Jumpers run. She ran under one of the jumps, totally my fault I didn't call the obstacle in time. Then she knocked a bar, my fault again, I tried to squeeze in a rear cross when I didn't walk one. Regardless, she ran her little heart out and we had the best time. Taylor did a great job in her JWW as well. She didn't Q but it's really hard to Q in excellent. You cannot have any faults. She did a great job though. In the afternoon it was Standard time. Taylor was running first. She was doing a great job and then it was time for the table. Jason was telling her to sit and she was looking around scared like she normally does. Then she sat. I wanted to scream with excitement but couldn't. She finished the course and Q'd with a 4 place. Jason and I was so happy. Needless to say we stuffed her mouth with treats and played frisbee. Now it was Chase's turn. Chase did her contacts, which is unusual. She nailed them actually. Then it was time for the table. I told her to sit and she jumped off. She's never did that before. I asked her to table again and she jumped right off again. It was like she was scared. So we completed the course. I ended up finding out why she didn't sit, she needed to go to the bathroom really bad!

Sunday
Sunday it got really cold. Jason was first to run in Standard and ended up Q'ing again and placing 2nd place. He and Tay also received their Open title. I was so excited and they got the cutest little toy in return for placing. Chase was next. She was back to her normal self. After the first contact she blew I should have left the ring. However, I really wanted to try the table again. So after the second contact she blew it was on to the table. I told her to Table and asked her to sit. It took her a few minutes but she did and stayed seated for the 5 and 4 and 3 and 2 and 1 and GO! I wanted to scream again with excitement and just love all over her but I couldn't. She ended up not doing the see-saw at all but we finished the course. I was excited with her table since this has been an ongoing problem with us. Now it's time to work on our contacts once my A-frame I ordered arrives. Next it was Tay's jumpers run. She started out fine but knocked a bar. Once the bar was knocked one of the girl scouts immediately got up and went to place the bar back on the jump. Now they are not suppose to do this since Tay was still running in that direction. Since Tay doesn't like kids she started barking and going crazy. She was running around the ring barking and scared out of her mind. The little girl started waiving her hands in Taylors face trying to get her to go away. That's another things they ARE NOT suppose to do. Since I was close to the ring I ran up to the gate and called her name. When she saw me she came running toward me into my arms. She was so scared. Jason and I left the ring very angry. Other exhibitors commented to me about how angry they were as well. So after the jumpers class was over Jason talked to the judge just to make sure something was said to the girl. The judge did talk to her and told her not to do it again. I also found the girl and was nice and told explained to her that she wasn't suppose to do that. Anyway, we treated Tay like crazy and played frisbee with her to calm her down. Last but not least, Chase's run. This course was tough and honestly, I had no idea how I was going to run it. I picked the easiest and decided to give it a go. The first part of the course was rocky and she had 2 wrong courses but during the second 1/2 of the course I regained control and finished beautifully. She ran her fastest yet and I was able to work some distance with her. Chase and I didn't Q all weekend but we had a great time. My agility goal this year is to get our contacts and for me to have better control. :-)
Tay with her toy and ribbons

Some other things that happened this weekend:
My video camera broke. It also ate my tape. So now I'm in the market for a video camera. Anyone have any ideas?

On the way home our Jeep was hit by a flying sign. Yes that sounds stupid and we have no idea where it came from but a sign flew at us smashing into the Jeep and the windshield. I was so scared that the jeep had a huge gash on the hood. I inspected it last night and didn't see anything. But, coming out of work today I noticed that it was hit on the bumper and took a gash out of the bumper. I'm so thankful it hit their and not on the hood.


No comments: