Sunday, June 08, 2008

Our New Hobby

Well I wouldn't call it a full blown hobby yet but we're experimenting with a container garden. So far we have tomatos, basil, oregano, cilantra & some rose looking flower. We planted the tomato's over 1 week ago and it has grown huge. We just planted the basil, oregano & cilantra along with the flower today. We'll see how it goes. I would love to start making my own salsa since I'm a salsa freak.


What else.......

It's been too hot to work outside and inside. We do not have central air so basically all we have did this weekend it watch movies in the theatre room. It has been relaxing but it's putting us behind on the deck and kitchen. It's suppose to cool down by the end of this week so hopfully I can get more done on the kitchen.


We are also experimenting with motion sensor lighting. We're starting with the kitchen. If we like it a lot then we'll install the switches in all the rooms except downstairs.


Jay has also been helping our neighbor on the new mailbox stand, or the gillutine as we call it. For those who have not been to our house, ours is the one in the back ground at the top of the hill.


Since my last post I do not think I was able to share but our mother cardinal finally had her babies on Monday night. We were able to get a close up shot of them while she was away from the nest. I still am trying to get a shot of her but she doesn't like me much. She's very beautiful.


Also Good News on the Surgery front.....

I should find out next week if my surgery has been approved or not. I have no worries though. I know God is going to work it out just fine for me. Jason's mom has also decided to come and stay 2 weeks with us. I'm very excited. She can finally see where we live. I hope she's ready to sit and watch movies with me. I've told Jason that he should take her into NYC one day. I think it would be a great day trip for the 2 of them.


Well, that's all for now.....until next week


No comments: