Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sam the Q'ing Queen

If you can believe my title it's so very true. Sam beat all the shelties this weekend at the DOCNA trial. Woo Hoo for Sam 3 great Q's. Since I'm exhausted I'll keep this short and sweet.

Helped Jacqui (I'll get your name spelled right one of these days. Am I right?) load up the trial equipment and take it to the fairgrounds on Thursday.

Friday we hooked up the Doggie Motel to the Fur X Fur Jeep. I took a 1/2 day so I could help set up the trial.

Friday evening: Show N Go. It was fun. Only about 20 or so dogs but we ran Gamblers and Snakes and Ladders

Saturday morning up at 5:45 to get the kids pottied and ready to set up the course for the trial. Tay was nervous on Saturday but stayed in the ring and did well on all her runs. All 6 that is. (Yep, 6 instead of our normal 2). She Q'd in jumpers. Chase missed all her contacts and received a lot of Whoa's when doing so. She had a beautiful jumpers run with a Q.

On Sunday Jason woke me up 1 hour earlier than needed. I think he felt really bad for doing so (testing out the alarm at 5:30 to see if it worked, bad idea). So, he ended up taking all the kids potty without me having to ask. I think he knew I was really mad though! :-) Still love you baby! Sam was the first up. She had a little flirtation time with Jynx, the new love of her life, so I think she was a little wound up before running. I say this because she left the start like and ran around the ring as fast as she could. I'm not kidding either. Then she ran out of the ring hunting for something to kill. Then back into the ring for more laps. The judge asked me if I could get her to sit or down. I told her I didn't know because she had never did this before EVER! I totally wished I had it on tape. Friends in MS, you wouldn't believe what you would have saw. After words she was so worked up it was time to drink a LOT of water. Chase missed those dreaded contacts again. Tay Q'd. Now onto my new FAVORITE event Trigility. We competed with each of our dogs in the same ring. Kind of a relay race. Jay ran Taylor on the Standard course, I ran Sam on the jumpers and Jacqui ran Chase. Poor Chase didn't know what to do. She ran with Jacqui, then she ran to me wondering why I was just standing their. I ignored her and Jacqui got her back. Then out of the tunnel over a jump and back to her mommy. It was the cutest thing ever. She just loves me too much I guess. Thank you Jacqui for running her. I really appreciate it. We didn't Q but it was the best and the funnest run I think I have ever did. I came out of the ring, dogs in hand and got all kinds of loving and gave it all back!

Anyway, that was our great weekend. DOCNA is awesome and I can't wait to compete again. Even though I ran a total of 12 runs each day I had the best time.

Thanks to Jacqui again for running Chase and for hosting the DOCNA trial. I cannot wait for our next trial in July!

As for the dogs.............Each one of them crashed on the floor when we got home and have been asleep since!

No comments: